How does Flying Solo work?
If you’re based further afield or prefer to more flexibly structure your training in accordance with your schedule, then the Flying Solo course will be ideal for you. If you simply prefer working one-on-one with us, Flying Solo provides an alternative means of personal coaching training that focuses directly on you and your practice.
We have selected a spread of fascinating ideas from the narrative world and presented them in a highly accessible manner. They are explained and explored in a way they can be easily applied to coaching.
The course focuses on advanced coaching skills in three crucial areas:
- Narrative literacy, sense making and purpose
- Decision making, change and follow through
- Addressing your client’s most pressing personal and business needs
This training pulls it all together and is designed to deepen and strengthen your ability to:
- Explore and make better sense of your clients’ personal and organisational narratives
- Implement new ways of catalysing transformational change in your clients’ lives
- Ask thought-provoking questions that identify and open up hidden assumptions that your clients might be making
- Gain a deeper understanding of your client’s inner landscape through stories both big and small, and achieve it faster than you would via general coaching
- Envision different models and ways of working with clients’ metaphors and values, internal and external stories
- Find effective ways, via a narrative approach, to move your clients forward – shifting negative patterns of thinking and behaving while replacing them with ways to develop different, more positive habits
- Challenge and support clients to gain greater agency, resourcefulness, and a fresh sense of purpose
- Work with your clients to re-story their lives rather than simply move to a default future
Transformational Narrative Coaching is a powerful approach. When you work with your clients in this way, they will enjoy new direction, more clarity of purpose, and greater self-authorship.
What does the course cover?
The online modules explore the most important current theories around narrative and stories, and will introduce you to the key thought leaders in the field. These include the ideas of Dan McAdams, Paul Ricoeur, Pierre Bourdieu, Erving Goffman, Susan Greenfield, Ruthellen Josselson, Michael Bamberg and several others. We will be integrating Martin Buber’s concept of I-Thou dialogue and incorporating insights from Gestalt Psychology.
Would you like to talk?
If you do already have several years of coaching experience under your belt, Flying Solo will bring an exciting additional approach to your practice – a powerful combination of theoretical and practical ways to work with story. Get in touch to discuss the possibility of joining the Flying Solo course.