Introducing third phase coaching
There comes a time in every successful persons’ career when, much as they are committed to now, their thoughts turn to what next. Third Phase Coaching is ideal for you if you want to harness your ambition further. If you want to ensure the final years in your role in your current context – and what you might do beyond this – are productive. If you want to ensure that the next phase also reflects your passions and has real meaning to you, then Third Phase Coaching is for you.
Despite a successful career, you would like to look at other options. With no impending crisis, it can be difficult to focus on what next. That said, there is pressure to continue to deliver. There is still work to be done to maintain your interest and sustain your freshness.
However, there is a need for you to be thinking ahead about what happens next and to be preparing for your life beyond the current sweet-spot. Now feels like the time to develop those strategies that you may soon need, to bring this phase of your career to a satisfying conclusion. Our professional coaches will:
- Create new alternative options and possibilities, and help you field test those new opportunities, develop a clear offer and a robust business model.
- Serve as your first audience, your first public airing of the new idea, or the new direction.
- Work with you to create a compelling narrative for the change that includes the outcome you are looking to establish.
- Help you with the practicalities of making a choice for a new, satisfying future.
Our experience suggests those who use our Third Phase Coaching benefit from our professional coaching approach. Also, people often accelerate into a new period of hi-productivity in a different setting.
Who can benefit from Third Phase Coaching?
Our professional coaches have tremendous experience coaching those at the top of their organisation. Many of our clients have had hugely successful careers. We’ve partnered with them as they’ve traverse complexity and conflicted demands to lead their businesses. However, at a certain point, most begin to ask what next. Often consumed by busy professional lives, it’s difficult to do the rigorous thinking that demands.
Our Third Phase Coaching is designed to help you decide what next might look like in reality. Most senior professionals still have a huge amount to contribute to new roles and commercial contexts. Our Third Phase Coaching is particularly valuable to:
- Partners in leading law firms or professional service firms who are want to explore new options
- Senior professionals who feel they feel they want to do something different
- Company directors who are looking for fresh challenge
- Business owners whose have sold or stepped back from their business and explore alternatives
Our professional coaching approach will provide the time, space and confidentially to confidently decide what next. If you feel there is another role for you or are looking to explore new options and possibilities, we can help. If you would like our professional coaches to partner with you in this process, get in touch today.
‘Third-Phase’ Careers for Successful Professionals
‘Third-Phase’ is an important concept to us. The third-phase of a career is what you commit to beyond your current well-earned success. It’s the time when you can give yourself to the things you have had no time or emotional space to even think about. It’s your chance to forge a third career in an area, or a field that may not be directly related to your current all-absorbing profession.
Finding an appropriate new field, role and context is not a ‘right’, it’s a privilege. Working through the issues involved, and the best way to translate your prior experience into a position or role that is worthy of you requires some help. We have a coaching process to make that possible.
Who will benefit most from third phase coaching?
We help people who are at the pinnacle of their first career, and those who are just peaking. We support individuals with a sustained track record of success in one field, and help people think in a disciplined manner about the possibilities and potential waiting for them beyond their current role, out of their existing context.
Thinking ahead is vital at this stage in your career, providing the traction and focus you need to drive enormous dividends further down the line. We help you think ahead intelligently and wisely, helping you see your true potential beyond the current constraints of everything you have been committed to up to this point.
Many of our third phase coaching clients are in their mid-forties, early fifties or sixties. But they all have one thing in common: they’re all determined to find the right niche so they can enjoy great third careers that build on their previous experience and significance.
The people we work with
Here are some examples of the types of people we work with:
- Partners in law firms looking to leave the firm, even leave the profession altogether
- Barristers wanting to move on
- Medics looking for new vehicles to contribute their experience and expertise
- ‘C-Suite’ Executives looking for fresh opportunities
- People looking to develop a broader portfolio of engagements
- People looking to make the move from being in charge to serving in a non-executive capacity
- Professionals reaching the turning point in their career, moving from interest and enjoyment to lack of challenge
- People who are used to being authority, looking for new environments to develop themselves
- Individuals who want to create meaningful, long-lasting second careers in new fields
- Professionals who know they have ‘another big role’ in them
- Business leaders looking for new ways of exploiting their leadership gifts in other contexts
- Those who are committed to extending their working life well into their 60s and 70s
This is an important phase in your life and career. You need an executive career coach with the right level of experience, someone who knows exactly what it’s like working with business leaders, and senior professionals, and ‘C-Suite’ leaders and Boards.
We have coached clients at every level, within organisations and as private individuals. It’s our job to help experienced senior people like you handle transition points in your life with confidence. We will work with you to create exciting new options, and identify new challenges worthy of your skills and experience.
We have a track record of working closely with CEOs, CFOs, other ‘C-suite’ Executives, Executive Boards, Partners, Directors and business owners. directors of charities and business owners.
Executive coaches in London
If you’re looking for professional executive coaches in London, we cover every area of the capital. How can we help you transform your future and make the third phase of your career the best and most interesting yet? Get in touch for an informal no-obligations discussion, or to make an appointment.
Executive coaches in Oxford
We’re based in Oxford, an easy commute from London and within a comfortable driving distance from the City. If you operate in or around Oxford and are within striking distance, we’ll be pleased to speak with you.
Creativity enhances all sorts of situations. Creative thinking often delivers sparkles of brilliance, amazing and unexpected insights. And a creative slant gives executive coaches some real...
It’s important to explore and develop a breadth of narratives during executive supervision. Stories, especially when told from different perspectives, can either loosen the initial first draft...
As an executive coach, one of the most useful aspects of regular coaching supervision is that it helps you to think differently, to find important and exciting new frames on what's happening in...
Every coach is different, and every effective coaching supervisor understands how important it is to get the practical side of things right from the start. Setting up the right context for...
“Over the past four years, Nick has played a crucial role in helping me build my executive coaching and consulting business. My MBA from Kellogg Business School gives me strong credentials, Nick continues to be the most significant influence in my success.”