Are you thinking about changing your career? Maybe you feel stuck in the wrong place, a fish out of water, and have always felt that way but never quite got round to making a change. Perhaps you loved your career at first, or for many years, but now you’ve had enough, you’ve become stale. Maybe something has happened that has knocked you off your original trajectory, and now you’re searching for a different, new direction. The thing is you’re not sure where to start, or how.
A few decades ago it wasn’t uncommon to stick to the same career, job or sector for life. In today’s fast changing world it isn’t unusual for someone to have two or three different careers through their lifetime. Set against a landscape like this, career agility can be a huge benefit.
Have you developed a capacity for change under your own steam, or could you do with expert help in developing the qualities that you need to support you through this transition? It’s an incredibly valuable set of skills, something you’ll be able to draw on at key transition points through every stage in your working life.
All of these situations can keep you feeling stuck and de-motivated.
- You have a nagging doubt that even though you’ve been doing what you are doing for some time, it probably isn’t going to keep you motivated in the long term
- You’ve been on the edge of it for some time, and you’ve finally started thinking seriously about exploring a career detour. You’re excited about the possibilities you see ahead of you, but you’re not sure where to begin
- You keep feeling confused and anxious because you’ve invested such a lot of time and energy in your career to date. But you can’t get rid of the uncomfortable feeling that you haven’t got your professional focus quite right
- You have so many fresh business start-up ideas that you’re finding it difficult to stick with one, or to narrow them down to find the one idea that’s worth pursuing
- You are feeling too young – or too old – to make changes
- You are constrained by your beliefs about yourself and your current situation
If any of these scenarios resonate with you, then our career coaching will. It could be just what you need at this time.
At the Listening Partnership we’ve helped literally hundreds of people either move from one career to a related field, or to a completely different professional arena. We believe that nothing is wasted.
Your professional experience can be usefully applied to enhance your future, one way or another, whatever you have done so far. Your narrative, and how you talk about yourself, plays a vital part of how you make that crucial transition. We know this and can help you talk clearly and meaningfully about what you have done already and what you are wanting to do onwards.
Change is challenging, even if you’re naturally motivated and excited by new prospects. Career change always moves you to the very edge of personal development, which can feel pretty risky. We’ll help you steady yourself, and we’ll support you through every step to help you make great decisions, big and small.
You will need a plan. You’ll need to do lots of investigation into the options, all with our support. We’ll encourage you to experiment and talk to those in already in the field you’d like to move into. You might even consider further study to close a skill gap and gain the career currency you need.
We understand how it all works. Our coaching provides people at a crossroads in their career with the chance to express what is going on for them and make sense of things. You get the opportunity to explore fresh options, developing a career transition strategy and creating a set of manageable steps designed to take you forwards towards your goal.
If you want to make change happen in your working world but want some encouragement to get where you want to be, let’s talk. Contact us to explore the possibilities.