Our Group Narrative Course
The group course will enhance your coaching potential in working with personal and organisational stories, while adding an additional strand to your coaching offer. By connecting you with a small group of other high calibre coaches from a range of different sectors and backgrounds, the course provides an opportunity to learn and grow within a supportive and stimulating environment. It will train you to apply our distinctive way of coaching to your practice in your own way. It is particularly effective when used with clients’ leadership roles and at transition or decision points in their lives.
The two experiential days are complemented with individual coaching sessions before and after the group training.
We have selected a spread of fascinating ideas from the narrative world and presented them in a highly accessible manner. They are explained and explored in a way they can be easily applied to coaching.
The course focuses on advanced coaching skills in three crucial areas:
- Narrative literacy, sense making and purpose
- Decision making, change and follow through
- Addressing your client’s most pressing personal and business needs
This training will enhance your coaching practice by integrating multiple perspectives and different time frames for your clients; it will build your capability to connect the immediate and the personal with wider relational and organisational matters.
As a coach, you will also gain:
- More confidence in working with your clients’ stories – personally and professionally
- Increased understanding of how people’s identity and purpose are framed through the multi-layered narratives within their lives
- Added capability in working with inner narrative, including: blocks, assumptions, and on-going habitual thinking or behaviour
- Greater awareness of the ways in which clients connect with their resourcefulness and resilience through their own story telling
- Insight into how to apply the dynamic frames of Professor Dan McAdam’s – ‘Actor, Agent, Author’ to clients’ lives
- Deeper skills in eliciting your clients’ values and drawing these out so that they are clearly defined
- More dexterity in helping clients identify the variety, depth or brevity of the narratives that are appropriate to their situation
- Enhanced abilities in supporting clients to construct effective organisational and team narratives
- Valuable expertise to complement your existing coaching approaches – one that will set you apart from the many other coaches
What does the course cover?
The course explores the most important current theories around narrative and stories, and it will introduce you to the key thought leaders in the field.
These include the ideas of Dan McAdams, Paul Ricoeur, Pierre Bourdieu, Erving Goffman, Susan Greenfield, Ruthellen Josselson, Michael Bamberg and several others. We will be integrating Martin Buber’s concept of I-Thou dialogue and incorporating insights from Gestalt Psychology.
Would you like to talk?
If you are an experienced coach or consultant who appreciates personalised, experiential learning and small group interaction, this is the course for you! Give us a call to find out how our Transformational Narrative Group Coaching can work for you.