Three powerful training methods
These courses focus on the way narratives create and constrain the possibilities for individuals, teams and organisations. They are designed to complement your existing way of working, extending your repertoire to help clients reflect and renew their sense of authenticity and agency.
They introduce coaches to a proven, practical and powerful method of working with client narratives, called Transformational Narrative Coaching. It draws on the ideas covered in The Story So Far: Introduction to Transformational Narrative Coaching by Nick Isbister & Jude Elliman.
We all make sense of our experiences via stories, everything from the small moments in life to the bigger, more significant events that colour and frame who we are. That’s why this way of working feels natural, feels intuitive, feels right.
We’ve created three ways of being trained:
All of our courses will provide you with an empowering set of frameworks that give you the confidence to work with your clients’ and organisations’ stories in transformative ways.
We’ll introduce you to new ways of working with story that are relevant and accessible, all of which have the potential to help you understand change at a personal, team and organisational level.
The course explores how people make sense of their lives, interpret their experiences to find meaning, and continually construct their identities through the narratives they tell. We help people integrate aspects of what they’ve done, aligning the disparate elements that matter to them to create a dynamic understanding through which to become more effective communicators, more purposeful individuals, and better leaders.
Solo Narrative Course
This course is designed for experienced coaches. If you’re based further afield or prefer to more flexibly structure your training in accordance with your schedule, then the Flying Solo course will be ideal for you. If you simply prefer working one-on-one with us, Solo provides alternative means of personal coaching training that focuses directly on you.
Group Narrative Course
This advanced course is designed for experienced executive coaches, consultants, L&OD practitioners, HR professionals and business leaders. It will train you to apply our distinctive way of coaching to your practice in your own way. It is particularly effective when used with clients’ leadership roles and at transition or decision points in their lives.
This programme is designed for business leaders sustaining a highly pressured role shaping and influencing their organisation in ways that are crucial to its future. It is for busy professionals who want to gain an expertise in organisational and personal narrative. It is for Leaders who would also benefit from skilled executive coaching themselves during the process.
Enjoy multiple perspectives
The courses will enhance your leadership and your coaching by integrating multiple perspectives and different time frames. It will build your capability to connect the immediate and the personal with wider relational and organisational matters.
Transformational Narrative Coaching builds upon thirty years’ experience. Executive coaches Nick Isbister and Jude Elliman have used story throughout their careers and have found it an invaluable approach to coaching – particularly in complex and demanding organisational contexts that are changing fast.
Invaluable understanding and applications
You’ll leave with a clear understanding of how:
- Narrative happens on many levels, individually and organisationally
- Clients make sense of their world through stories, positive and negative
- Narratives help define identity, create meaning, and generate feelings of belonging
- Stories show us what comes across to others, what matters to them, how people make things happen and get things done, and why they do what they do
- The listener’s presence opens the way for clients to really hear themselves
- Listening attentively to people’s stories releases their resourcefulness
- Narratives are expressed through actions and words, and also through what is ignored
- An awareness of negative, recycled self-stories opens new ways for learning
- Significant stories reveal underlying patterns of purpose, values and habits
- Stories highlight the conditions in which people thrive, and the opposite
- Narrative helps people understand their possible selves and their best self
- Leaders’ stories are told through their presence, daily actions and word
Would you like to talk?
If you would like to gain a deeper understanding of how to work confidently and effectively with narrative and its business application, then don’t hesitate to contact us! Find out how Transformational Narrative Coaching can work for you.