This interactive, practical course is for busy managers who want to understand how coaching can be used to enhance their team’s effectiveness. It consists of 3 interactive sessions with up to 10 managers.
We know the pressures that managers experience daily. This course starts with managers where they are at in their roles. It offers realistic and practical ways of applying coaching both formally and informally. It covers when not to use coaching too.
The course provides pointers for managers as to how to use coaching well as they navigate their way through managing their team dynamics and the conflicting demands of their roles.
It also covers how coaching adds value to individuals and how it can be successfully applied to whole teams.
Managers will end the day with an understanding of key coaching skills, plus a new handle on the range of situations in which different styles of coaching can be applied.
The course covers a broad range of topics for working with individuals, such as using coaching skills to:
- Address performance, with both positive and negative feedback in mind.
- Build upon intrinsic motivation, strengths and identify development opportunities
- Handle difficult and challenging conversations and relational issues
- Increase engagement, shifting attitudes and behaviour
- Focus upon outcomes, fostering initiative, personal accountability, and delivery
It also explores what team coaching means and when this style of working with the group is directly relevant and when it isn’t.
The course covers various team coaching approaches, including the power of accessing the team’s purpose and their collective creativity. It also includes how coaching can help managers identify what their team wants to be known for and how to use coaching to develop their team story.