Introducing our team coaching
Our team coaching is a process that brings individuals together to improve their skills and develop greater personal and group awareness. It is all about collective responsibility and delivery. Team coaching focuses on how your team can deliver more effectively and allow you to focus on results.
Are you a team leader needing help to shift the effectiveness of your team radically? Do you want to turn your team around? Do you, like Sir Dave Brailsford at Team Sky look to ‘aggregate marginal gains’ to maximum effect?
High performing teams rarely just happen
Today, everything is about teamwork, whether the team co-exists in the same physical space, or straddles the globe and exists virtually. Teams usually do not coalesce effortlessly. It takes time and attention to form them well. The magic is not there from the start. High level team performance and the results that they deliver, don’t just simply click into place.
It is our experience that teams need to be nurtured, coaxed and coached into outstanding performance. They need to be accelerated through the predictable phases of the team lifecycle too. That’s why astute team leaders give attention to the team coaching process. Through our coaching approach, we appreciate the necessity of uniquely balancing task and process, team output and individual brilliance with team purpose and delivery.
Working with virtual teams
Leading a virtual team can be complex and brings challenges for both management and individuals alike. Remote teams are now a vital part of our digitised, global world. People are often a part of multiple teams.
This can be especially true in matrix organisational structures where large and complex projects need to be managed. It could be that you need virtual teams to meet a commercial requirement to have your people on the ground or a variety of initiatives call for different team configurations. You may perhaps want to offer your team a better quality of life by working flexibly and remotely. Whatever the context, keeping track of projects, balancing self-drive and real teamwork, and inspiring a close team identity can be tough.
Whether you are seeking to improve the performance of existing virtual teams or looking to set up new ones, our team coaching can help you make sure everyone moves in the same direction.
Our team coaching will:
- Engage with you to enable the team to have different conversations that create a new team culture from the get-go
- Collaborate with you to diagnose, and fix the unhelpful team dynamics or habits of interacting
- Blend the elements of individual coaching with group interventions optimally to minimise distraction and maximise results
- Work with you to ensure all your team members are consistent contributors
- Support you in your leadership, vision, and commitment to your team
Effective team leaders give attention to melding the diverse talents of their different team members into focused performance. Our experienced team coaches will work with you to create a customised team development process.
Our approach to team coaching
Our team coaching works through a combination of group sessions and coaching on a one-on-one basis. We shape the overall number of group and individual coaching sessions to suit your team and contexts. We work with the group dynamics and harness individual motivations to achieve significant collective results.
Team leaders are responsible for the results that their people achieve. Hence, understanding what drives each team member has never been more crucial. You need to deal with the broad spectrum of people issues, in often commercially driven, challenging contexts.
Our experienced coaches understand teams
Our coaches are skilled at working with a diverse range of teams. We can be an external resource, collaboratively engaging with you to offer a fresh perspective and a practical way forward.
We will work with you to:
- Lead by example, from your own values-base and with purposeful intent
- Leverage your own strengths and direct them towards the team outcomes
- Address and halt any decline in performance or tricky group dynamics
- Put mechanisms in place to resolve people concerns and have difficult conversations
- Motivate your team, communicating your vision with greater confidence
- Clarify your group’s roles and responsibilities, keeping the team aligned
- Honour the diversity and inclusion aspects of your team
- Keep your team on track, sustaining momentum and progress
- Make the most of everyone’s contribution and build your team’s wider reputation
Being able to access our team of experienced team coaches is a practical solution that you and your team could draw upon. Countless times, we have witnessed how our team coaching has made a real difference. Teams have actively responded and gone on to achieve so much more – together.